The Zika virus has spread to more than 33 counties and to over 4 million people according to CNN. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is warning pregnant women against travel to countries affected by the Zika virus. Health officials in several of those countries are telling women to avoid pregnancy -- in some cases for up to two years. This virus can be very serious for pregnant women. In Brazil there have been over 400 cases of this virus affecting newborns.
Zika Virus Facts
- The virus is transmitted primary through mosquito bites.
- The most common symptoms of the Zika virus are fever, rash, joint pain, or conjunctivitis (red eyes).
- The illness is usually mild with symptoms lasting for several days to a week.
- There is no vaccine to prevent, or specific medicine to treat, Zika infections.
- Take medicine such as acetaminophen (Tylenol®) to relieve fever and pain.
- Do not take aspirin or other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
- If traveling to an area where you could be exposed to the virus, stay in places with air conditioning, or use window and door screens to keep mosquitoes outside.
- See your healthcare provider if you are pregnant and develop a fever, rash, joint pain, or red eyes within 2 weeks after traveling to a place where Zika has been reported.
A Few Reasons Why Silva Management Insurance Services 888-611-7647 Insurance Specialists is right for your business.
- Get a quote online or call us to speak with one of our licensed insurance representatives. Get the help you need and learn more about the benefits and features our customers enjoy.
- Competitive Pricing -we work hard to find the best rate through all the carriers we represent
- Monthly Premiums - flexible payment plans and low down payments
- Stability and Dependability - financially strong with many years of experience
- Fair & Efficient Claim Handling - we personally will walk you through the claims process
- Anti-Fraud Programs - our carriers investigators have saved tens of millions of dollars
- Loss Control Support - Online resources help you manage risk and control injuries