The more injuries or claims you have, the more you will pay in workers’ compensation premiums. However, beyond that, reducing the effects of summer heat, and doing fun activities creates a better working environment for your employees. Here are some suggestions.
- Allow employees to work outside if you have an area that is conducive.
- Turn off any unnecessary electronics.
- Keep your AC system in good working order.
- Reduce the lighting during the day, if it does not create hazards.
- Provide and encourage the drinking of cold water throughout the day.
- Make Fridays treat day with ice cream.
- Allow employees to work from home If possible.
- Offer flexible work hours.