For those of us who have desk jobs, it can be easy to slip into a sedentary lifestyle. Just a little daily activity can actually help reduce aches and pains. Here are a few ideas.
- Get others involved in some level of office activity on a daily basis. It can be a 15-minute lunch walk, or after work run. Having a co-worker can help you stay on track, but also makes it fun to bond with your teammates while doing something that isn’t work related.
- Don’t make it too complicated. Do simple things like pre-work stretching or mid-day yoga.
- Use technology to help you. Wear a tracker so that you can measure your exercise.
- Add activity reminders – meetings- to your office calendar.
- Find things you like to do. Walking, lifting weights, are just a few things you can do.
- Take the stairs whenever possible.
Whatever you decide, stick to it, join others and have fun.